Friday, July 20, 2012

Full Steam Ahead!


That’s right, slow but still here, my lack of posts does not stem from a lack of hobbying.. quite the opposite.. I just wish that I had a photographer to hang around and snap photos while I work… It would be much easier! With Norcon (our Northern California Wargaming Convention) just around the corner, I have been spending every possible moment painting models and building terrain for the upcoming tournaments and games. I realized that I had to post something to show you all what I have been busily working on, so here is a peek:

Dystopian War terrain!

That’s right, with a few games under our belts in public, I have grown tired of playing with scraps of miss-matched flotsam that myself and Gramut pretend are islands. Therefore, I present the following:

Based on thin MDF Board, as using flock, clump foliage, sand, balsa wood for the buildings, plaster, lava rock, bark, and foam core I now have four decent sized islands to be proud of.

I also have used model railroad plaster molds to create the smaller rocky islands scattered about in the pictures (purchased at our local RC Hobbies and More).

Sure, I need about three more larger islands to properly outfit a four by six foot table, but that will have to wait until after Norcon.

Just for interested parties, another major project that I am working on is a Bastion for my Black Templar 40k Army. I do not have images yet, but expect to face it on the field of battle at Norcon!

That’s all for now folks, I hope to see you at Norcon!

6 comments:

  1. Those look sweet! :D How does Dystopian Wars compare to Warhammer, Warmachine, etc.? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its different, but I have been looking for a "fleet" wargame, and the steampunk genre is just bonus points. Its about $70-$80 to get started (for rulebook, starter box, and faction carrier- which is what we have been starting with). I really like the game, as the models are beautiful, the story line is interesting, and the rules are well done...also there are mechanics that allow even the smallest ship to do damage to capital class.. with exploding dice (like from 7th Sea!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are even better looking in person! Amazing work as always Joel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, that is awesome, and that was the catalyst for me to start a British fleet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments folks. And Jack, welcome to Dystopian Wars! I was excited to see just how many players are picking up the game... I think we now have just about every faction covered, and some doubling up, so there will be plenty of action in the waters and skies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my fleet should arrive this Friday. Just enough time to prep and get ready for norcon. Looking forward to claiming glory on the high seas in the name of Queen Victoria, HA HA

      Delete