Sunday, July 22, 2012

Bastion of the Templar

Alright folks, more of a teaser this time. When Warhammer 40k 6th Edition first released, I remember Travis (I believe) asking folks what they were going to do to create Bastions and other terrain pieces for their armies. I know that he was specifically thinking of non-Imperium and xenos, but I felt that my Black Templar needed something special as well.

This is what I have come up with for my chosen of the Emperor.

As you can see, it is a structure with two floors and a battlement on top. All of the floors are removable, so models can be placed inside if I like (though aside from the battlement, I do not have to with the new rules.)

The basic structure has been built with Hirst Arts blocks, and other little bits. All that remains is to add the weaponry... namely the four heavy bolters and the Quad Gun.

As Templar do not have official air power at the moment, this will be one part of my anti-air defense system. For 125pts, the structure can hold two squads (1 inside the building, and 1 on the battlement), provides armor 14 protection, and has 5 weapons to hide my anti-air weapon from destroyed results.

Now I just need to get this finished...along side all of the other final projects... for this weekend. Norcon approaches!

3 comments:

  1. Its very cool Joel.

    One thing you should know, rules wise, is the Quad gun is not an emplaced Gun, thus cannot be destroyed by a weapon destroyed result on the Bastion.
    Unfortunately it is a Weapon Emplacement and it can be targeted separately. At least it has a 3+ Armor and 3+ Cover from the bulwarks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh! Oh well, I will still be happy to have this thing providing cover in my deployment zone. I look forward to seeing what other modelers come up with for their structures... Just wondering if I should begin work on my own Fortress of Redemption...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic! Let see some templars in it!

    ReplyDelete