Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Be Glorious!

Yes folks, here is the mid-week update that I promised, and to keep with my painting theme we have titled this post with the battle cry of the Knights Templar “Beau Seant” – Be Glorious!

Behold Philip of Milly, the Battle Standard Bearer of my Knights Templar that have found themselves thrown into the Chaotic Warhammer world. Were he to remain on earth, he would go on to become the 7th Grand Master of the Templar order, after Bertrand de Blanchefort (my army’s general) but in this new world there is no telling what his ultimate fate will be.

Obviously there is much work to be done before I turn him in for the painting contest on Saturday, but I promised to give some shots of what I was working on (and this way I could also prove that I really do have this many projects on my burner). Once I get the main colors completed, I would like to go back and do some free hand work with patterning, at least on the banner, but eventually on the blanket (caparison I believe) and tabard as well.

I absolutely love the Knights Templar, (which originally drew me to the Black Templar for Warhammer 40k), and I do look forward to playing against an army of Chaos Daemons and setting about smiting them with my religious warriors of Awesome!

In other news, I received a parcel slip in the mail sent from Cool Mini or Not (supposedly the package was too big to deliver to my door… thanks USPS!)… so that means that by tomorrow afternoon my copy of Super Dungeon Explorer will be in my hands! Huzzah!

1 comment: